Python Community Server v0.04 is available now.
Formats: source tarball | SourceForge CVS
This includes the refactored comment system with comment formatters to make comment presentation more flexible. These are the files in the comments/ directory: each one defines a class 'formatter' which will generate a representation of a comment thread.
The following formatters are included:
- HTML - this makes a web page out of a comment thread. You're seeing the output of this formatter when you click on a comment link in this weblog.
- RSS - this makes an RSS summary of the comment thread. Click on the white-on-orange XML button on a comment page to see the output of this formatter. This lets you subscribe to a comment feed
Plans for the future:
- Finish the authentication system to enable the following:
- Comment editing and deletion (to allow authors to clean up defaced comment threads).
- Web-based administration
- Add a new index to the comment system to enable the following:
- Email notification - PyCS will mail you when someone posts a comment on your site.
- Aggregated RSS feeds - RSS feeds that include more than just a single comment thread:
- Weblog feed - An RSS summary of all comments for one weblog
- Site feed - An RSS summary of all comments posted to all weblogs hosted by a copy of PyCS.
As always, contributions and feature requests are welcome.