Thursday, February 17, 2005
Geek Etiquette ..with requests
Fun new website "Geek Etiquette" on how be non-slobbery.
Useful stuff. On more than one occasion I try to recall the
business table manners pointed out to us "PBL/FBLA"'ers on an outing.
*sigh* I still think the "don't salt your food until you've
tasted it" thing is a nit-pick, but preached enough to require
I'm looking forward to future articles including
When you're striding through brain-work, nothing matters. When you're struggling with it, annoyances echo.
- Quiet eating: Gum-slappin' with or without food ain't fun no one. At the table or behind the cube wall.
- Why do you make noise? Stop whistling, clapping your hands, balling up paper, sighing dramatically, and GET A BLOG.
- Scented delights. There's a reason they called it "musk"
- Personal space: keep your noggin (and breath) at least 2 feet
from mine. So what if that means I'm psychotic, you wouldn't be over
here if I didn't need help.
- Cynicriticism: Fun and profit, or do you really think that's going to change our world?
- Abandoning condescension through a simple flip of a phrase: I'll *ask* Jon.. vs. I'll *have* Jon... Check x, I'll help you in 5... vs.
If you'd read x, you'd see... and a million fillers to
remove: That's just/That should only/That's easy/mmkay/and any phrase
12:25:24 AM ,
|| © Copyright
2/18/2005; 11:46:59 PM.
This theme is based on the SoundWaves
(blue) Manila theme.