- In a large cooking pot, simmer 1/2 of a large onion + diced elephant garlic in some butter or olive oil. I use a cast iron dutch oven for these kinds of things.
- Add homemade chili powder to taste (Thanks to Ben H for forgetting to take his home!!)
- Add powdered ginger (couple of tablespoons) and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Tommy's Nectar of the Gods and simmer until onions are somewhat tender
- Add 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth (or some combo), frozen peas, and some cooked black beans. I used a can of black beans.
- Bring to a boil and slowly stir in 2 cups of jasmine rice
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes (covered)
- Stir in raw shrimp, diced green onions, and diced red/yellow/orange bell peppers (to taste on each)
- Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes
Yum. The ginger and Tommy's Nectar of the Gods adds a distinctly fresh citrus-esque zing to the dish.
At this rate, I'm going to have to start buying Tommy's by the gallon.