A visit to the farmer's market yesterday yielded a pound of mussels and a pound of the last Albacore Tuna of the season. This is what I did with it. It was a success.
- 1 pound clean, fresh, live mussels
- In a good sized pot, add:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine
- fresh dill
- juice of one fresh lemon
- 1/8th stick of butter
- Bring the goop in the pot to a boil and add mussels. Boil for 5 minutes
- Remove mussels
- Bring to a hard boil and add 1/4 stick of butter
- Cook until butter is fully melted
- Pour over mussels and serve
Grilled Albacore Tuna
Frankly, the grill isn't necessary. You could do this in the oven equally as well.
Stick a good sized hunk of albacore tuna in two sheets of foil (sheets large enough to fully wrap the tuna). Add fresh dill, olive oil, soy sauce, white pepper, ground dried lemon peel, and a touch of salt.
Wrap tightly and cook on the grill at medium heat (you should be able to hold your hand 5 inches above the grill for 4 or 5 seconds) for 20 to 30 minutes.
The result should be a tender, but flaky, hunk of tasty tuna. Tomorrow, I'm going to make tuna salad with the leftovers.